Security Guard I
UF Scripps Biomedical Research is currently seeking a Security Guard I for its Florida campus. Responsible for safeguarding UF Scripps Biomedical Research employees, equipment, and facilities against fire, theft, vandalism, illegal entry, and other potential hazards. Provides periodic tours of campus, reporting irregularities, damage, theft, or unusual occurrences. Responsibilities include…
- The utilities operator will support the demands of the Institute’s plant operations which include maintaining, installing, altering, and repairing all building related plant, mechanical, HVAC, electrical, water technology, and building maintenance systems.
- Maintain cooling towers, chillers, pumps, motors, motor control centers, transformers, switch gear, wiring, receptacles, lighting, and fire alarm systems.
- Inspect building operations systems; respond to emergency calls for equipment failures; work with building management system (BMS), fire alarm, and equipment monitoring technologies.
- Will analyze and take corrective steps to repair or replace equipment as needed, including coordination of building systems and user interruption shutdowns.
- High school diploma or equivalent (GED) and a minimum of two (2) years of experience with maintaining, repairing and installing mechanical systems or trade/vocational school certification and six (6) months of related experience is required. Also requires knowledge of plant operations, building and fire codes, building construction techniques, materials applications, proper use of tools, and safe work practices and techniques.
- Additional details…